IPCC Report Reiterates A Global Need For More Trees!
The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change has offered a severe warning that we must stick to our global warming target of 1.5 degrees above pre-industrial levels, stating that we are currently heading towards 3 degrees. If the world fails at this, we will see drastic changes to both the natural world and the way we live.
What can you do? Buy less meat and dairy, and source local food - and throw less of it away. Drive electric cars but walk or cycle short distances. Don't fly! Demand low carbon products - and of course, drink Sapling!
The IPCC have also said that we must plant more trees so stick to 1.5 degrees!
Five steps to 1.5
- Global emissions of CO2 need to decline by 45% from 2010 levels by 2030
- Renewables are estimated to provide up to 85% of global electricity by 2050
- Coal is expected to reduce to close to zero
- Up to seven million sq km of land will be needed for energy crops (a bit less than the size of Australia)
- Global net zero emissions by 2050
Help the world by demanding environmental impact from your food and drink!
The Sapling Team