Sapling Spirits British Vodka Eurovision Party
Say what you like about the UK, but as a country we certainly know how to put on a show. May 2023 will do doubt go down in history as the month in which we hosted two huge events of massive importance. On Saturday 6th May, the country came together for the warm-up act, which was of course the coronation of Charles III. This relatively low-key affair gave many people the chance to dress up and juggle a bewildering array of jewel-encrusted balls and sticks, which they did very well. Our newly crowned king is, of course, an environmentalist, so we raised a glass of the best, most sustainable, premium British vodka to him.
British vodka and the UK on the world stage.
But we all know that the big one awaits. That’s right, we as a nation are readying ourselves for the eyes of the world as we host a seismic international event that has real, global significance. On Saturday 13th May, our sceptred isle will play host to the final of The Eurovision Song Contest. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for everyone to unite and showcase the best of Britain. Which we’re all very much up for, as we’ve been busy doing exactly that with our artisanal vodka brand, which would surely be a runaway victor if there were a Eurovision equivalent for sustainable UK spirits.
Premium British vodka that’s good for the planet.
Which there isn’t of course. But we’re happy to take consolation from the fact that our silky smooth, British made vegan vodka and Eurovision are highly compatible. What’s even better is that by choosing independently produced British vodka from Sapling, you’re planting a tree, supporting British agriculture and promoting more sustainable vodka production practices. So you can party with a clear conscience (but we can’t promise a completely clear head the next morning).
The only Eurovision vodka cocktail you’ll ever need.
But let’s not worry about that. The joys of Eurovision await, so we should plan a party and prepare for a good, old-fashioned drinking game. The first step is to stock up on gluten free, British made premium vegan vodka, which you buy directly from us here. The next thing to do is prepare your drinks and snacks. For this game, we recommend making some cocktails and getting shot glasses ready. We’re not looking for anything too complicated, so here’s a Eurovision cocktail that’s easy to make and Sapling friendly. The following measures are for one person, so multiply the amounts accordingly if you’re preparing a jug to share.
Eurovision Sapling Vodka Sunrise
- 50 ml Sapling premium vodka
- 3 or 4 raspberries
- 15 ml British-made Grenadine
- 125ml fizzy cloudy lemonade
- Wedge of lime
- More berries and ice for garnish
Once you’ve prepared your cocktails, get some shot glasses at the ready and divide the countries evenly between the players (you can draw from a hat or argue over your favourites). This year’s finalists and their songs (in running order) are:
1. Austria | Teya & Salena - Who the Hell is Edgar?
2. Portugal | Mimicat - Ai Coração
3. Switzerland | Remo Forrer - Watergun
4. Poland | Blanka - Solo
5. Serbia | Luke Black - Samo Mi Se Spava
6. France | La Zarra - Évidemment
7. Cyprus | Andrew Lambrou - Break a Broken Heart
8. Spain| Blanca Paloma - Eaea
9. Sweden | Loreen - Tattoo
10. Albania | Albina & Familja Kelmendi - Duje
11. Italy | Marco Mengoni - Due Vite
12. Estonia | Alika - Bridges
13. Finland | Käärijä - Cha Cha Cha
14. Czechia | Vesna - My Sister's Crown
15. Australia | Voyager - Promise
16. Belgium | Gustaph - Because of You
17. Armenia | Brunette - Future Lover
18. Moldova | Pasha Parfeni - Soarele şi Luna
19. Ukraine | TVORCHI - Heart of Steel
20. Norway | Alessandra - Queen of Kings
21. Germany| Lord of the Lost - Blood & Glitter
22. Lithuania | Monika Linkytė - Stay
23. Israel | Noa Kirel - Unicorn
24. Slovenia | Joker Out - Carpe Diem
25. Croatia | Let 3 - Mama ŠČ!
26. United Kingdom | Mae Muller - I Wrote a Song
Once you’ve chosen your countries, laid out your choice of snacks and prepared your sustainable vodka cocktails and shots, the game is ready to begin.
The Sapling Spirits Eurovision Drinking Game
When your country’s song, or songs, are being performed, you must stand with your hand on your heart. Once the song is finished, you must salute the performer and drink 2 fingers.
When your country is singing, you are in play. If any of the following happens, you must drink 2 fingers of Eurovision Sapling Vodka Sunrise.
- You see a cowboy hat
- Sequins or glitter
- A Graham Norton ‘burn’ or sassy comment (before or after your song)
- If any performer runs
- If any performer kneels down
- Any air guitar (or clearly fake playing)
- Any enthusiastic string playing
- Any removal of clothing
- Any change of language mid-song
- Any rapping
- Any lyrics that refer to the weather
Now that’s the two-pointers done, we have the shots. If, when your country is singing and any of the following happens, you must drink a shot of Sapling sustainable British vodka.
- There is a giant piece of furniture on the stage
- Any fake rain
- Any wind effects
- If any performer starts playing an instrument mid-song
- You see a rainbow flag
- Anyone makes a heart or peace gesture with their hands
- Something goes wrong or somebody falls over
Finally, for the singing stage, these are the Sapling Spirits Super Sippers. If any of these things happen, everyone must finish their drinks.
- A modulation or key change (think ‘You Raise Me Up’)
- If you hear the phrase ‘nul points’
- If one of the hosts changes their outfit
- If anyone in the group says ‘(name of country) isn’t in Europe’
- If the UK gets 12 points
- If anyone says or sings the word ‘peace’
- If a performer does any martial arts
- Every time someone says ‘make some noise’
The results stage.
When it comes to the results, pay attention as the countries announces their votes.
- If one of your countries gets 12 points (i.e. comes 1st), you can nominate one or more people to drink 3 fingers of sustainable vegan vodka cocktail (either as one each or, if you’re feeling generous, 3 fingers for one player).
- If your country comes 2nd, you have 2 nominations of the best British vodka.
- If your country comes 3rd, you only have 1 nomination. Choose carefully.
- If your country gets fewer than 4 points, you must drink 1 finger.
Make sure you keep score, as this is the Sapling Spirits British Vodka Eurovision. The lucky winner with the highest overall score gets the chance to enjoy a shot of the best British vodka there is. With the player who comes last.
Have a great time!
The Sapling Team